Archiving a channel overview
Who has access to this experience? Any channel owner or channel contributor.
What does this experience do? Archiving a channel lets you move a channel from your personal or company channel to the archive tab on the Channels Index page.
The benefits of archiving a channel include:
- Removing unwanted or unnecessary channels from the channel page without deleting them.
- Keeping a channel archived to reference back to it in the future.
- Cleaning up your personal or company channels to minimize channel clutter and keep teams focused.
Archiving a channel as a channel owner or channel contributor
Before you archive a channel, please note the following:
- You and other channel members can still find it in the archive section of the Channels Index page.
- You cannot add any more content or members to the archived channel.
- You can restore this channel as long as you are a contributor or owner of that channel.
To archive a channel
- From within your channels page, click the three dots icon on a channel, then click the Archive option.
- Click the Yes, archive this channel button.
- The channel moves to the Archive area of the Channels Index page.
To restore an archived channel
- Locate the Archive tab on your channels page.
- Click the three dots icon on the channel you want to restore.
- Click the Restore option.
- The channels moves from the archive area to your personal and/or company channel area.
For a visualization of archiving and restoring a channel, check out the video below.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.