Archiving a channel lets you move it from your personal or company channels to the archive tab on the channels home page. Any channel owner or channel contributor can archive a channel.
Who can use this?
When to archive a channel
The benefits of archiving a channel include:
- Cleaning up your personal or company channels to minimize clutter and keep you and your teams focused.
- Keeping a channel archived to reference back to it in the future.
How to archive and restore a channel
Before archiving a channel, note the following:
- You and other channel members will still be able to find it in the Archive tab of the channels home page (opens a new tab).
- You can't add more content or members to an archived channel.
- You can restore an archived channel as long as you're the channel owner or a channel contributor.
- The channel will be permanently removed from all channel groups.
To archive a channel
- From within your channels home page (opens a new tab), click the ••• options menu of the desired channel.
From the desired channel's details page, click the ••• options menu.
- Click Archive.
- Click Yes, archive this channel.
The channel is now in the Archive tab of the channels home page.
To restore an archived channel
- Click the Archive tab on your channels home page (opens in a new tab).
- Click the ••• options menu of the channel you want to restore.
- Click Restore.
The channel is now in your personal and/or company channel area.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.