Application Data Backups
The majority of the settings and data for Flow is stored in the database you configured as part of the installation. To backup this data, follow your company's backup policies using your chosen backup platform.
- Perform a full backup of the database at least once a month.
- Perform incremental backups daily.
- Be sure that the backup technology you use will backup and restore users, permissions, views, triggers, tables, and schemas.
- The backups should be encrypted and protected using your company's security policies and procedures.
Settings Data Backups
Flow settings data from the KOTS admin console is stored in Replicated, located at port 8800 of your base Flow URL. This data can only be changed from the KOTS admin console, and does not change as you make settings changes in Flow itself. There are two ways to back up this data.
The first option is to use the latest version of flow-enterprise-tools to export the settings. To do this, use the flow-tools export command. This option backs up your encryption keys as well, which is vital if you ever need to reinstall or recover your Flow instance.
Otherwise, manually document all the settings you configure, especially:
- TLS/SSL Certificates
- The e-mail server settings
- BitBucket Cloud credentials
- GitHub Cloud credentials
- GitLab Cloud credentials
- Database hostname, name, and credentials.
Store certificates and credentials in a secure storage facility like LastPass, 1Password, or SecretSafe. Your company most likely has one of these it prefers.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.