All calendars that have been created or imported into Flow will be visible on the Calendars page. Here you will be able to create new calendars and make changes to existing calendars. You can also use the Calendar details page to see and manage more specific calendar details.
Use calendars to
- Set-up custom date ranges in the date picker.
- Show team or organization events on the Project timeline to give perspective on the metrics there.
Calendars is a permission-based feature that requires the Manage calendars administrative permissions. If you have the appropriate permission go to the top navigation bar and click Settings. Using the left navigation under Report Settings, click Calendars.
The Calendars management page will show you the following information:
- Calendar Name
- Calendar Type - This provides the system information about the scope of the calendar so that the system can show information relevant to the team you’re looking at in the reports and pickers.
- Organization Calendars hold events that are applicable for the ENTIRE organization. This may be things like company holidays and all hands meetings.
- Group Calendars hold events that are relevant for one or more teams. This maybe things like “we started paired programming today” or “John joined the team”. Teams (and someday individuals) can subscribe to the calendars that are relevant to them.
- Created By - User who created the calendar
- Show On - This tells the systems where you want the events from this calendar to show up.
- If you chose reports, the events will show in the reports.
- If you chose “Date Picker” the events will show as custom ranges on the date picker. See how to set up custom date ranges.
- If you choose both, the events will show on both places. This is not recommended.
- Subscribed Teams - The number of teams that are subscribed to the calendar.
- Remove - Remove/delete the calendar.
On the Calendar management page you can take the following actions:
- Create a new calendar
- Bulk import calendars and events via a .csv file.
- Edit multiple calendars at once. Use the bulk menu to set the Show Settings and Calendar Types or to Delete Calendars.
- Update calendar properties by clicking on the calendar name.
The Calendar Details page will allow you to take the following actions:
- Edit the calendar name, description type and visibility.
- View, add and manage calendar events.
- View and manage team subscriptions
Edit the calendar details
On the Calendar details page, click the Edit link next to the calendars image. In the pop up modal, you can edit the calendar name, calendar description, calendar type, and calendar visibility. Show on allows you to show the calendar on reports, the date picker, or both.
View, add and manage calendar events
Under the Events tab you can view and manage events.
- Use the Action dropdown to delete an event, set a category, and show and hide events. Showing or hiding events determines if the event is visible in your reports.
- Click Add event to add events to your calendar.
- The Show event toggle allows you to quickly show or hide an event.
- The trash icon deletes the event from your calendar.
View and manage team subscriptions
Once you have created a group calendar and all its associated events, you might want to subscribe to specific teams to this calendar. Subscribing to a team to a calendar will enable you to visualize these calendar events only when you are filtered to the specific team in your reports.
On the Calendar details page of the calendar you want to edit, select the Subscriptions tab and click Subscribe teams.
A modal will appear where you will need to search for the team you want to add to the calendar.
Once you have located and clicked on your team you have the option of subscribing any nested teams if applicable. Click Subscribe when you are done adding your teams.
You will see the teams under your Subscriptions as well as any nested teams:
To view these events for your subscribed teams navigate to the Project timeline report and filter to one of your subscribed teams.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.