All calendars that have been created or imported into Flow will be visible on the Calendars page. Here you will be able to create new calendars and make changes to existing calendars.
Use calendars to
- Set-up custom date ranges in the date picker.
- Show team or organization events on the Project timeline to give perspective on the metrics there.
- More uses will be coming later.
Calendars is a permission based feature that requires the Manage calendars administrative permissions. If you have the appropriate permission go to the top navigation bar and click Settings. Using the left navigation under Report Settings, click Calendars.
The Calendars management page will show you the following information:
A. Calendar Name
B. Calendar Type - This provides the system information about the scope of the calendar so that the system can show information relevant to the team you’re looking at in the reports and pickers.
- Organization Calendars hold events that are applicable for the ENTIRE organization. This may be things like company holidays and all hands meetings.
- Group Calendars hold events that are relevant for one or more teams. This maybe things like “we started paired programming today” or “John joined the team”. Teams (and someday individuals) can subscribe to the calendars that are relevant to them.
C. Created By - User who created the calendar
D. Show On - This tells the systems where you want the events from this calendar to show up.
- If you chose reports, the events will show in the reports.
- If you chose “Date Picker” the events will show as custom ranges on the date picker. See how to set up custom date ranges.
- If you choose BOTH, the events will show on both places. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED.
E. Subscribed Teams - The number of teams that are subscribed to the calendar.
F. Remove - Remove/delete the calendar.
On the Calendar management page you can take the following actions:
- Create a new calendar
- Bulk import calendars and events via a .csv file.
- Edit multiple calendars at once. Use the bulk menu to set the Show Settings and Calendar Types or to Delete Calendars.
- Update calendar properties by clicking on the calendar name.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.