All calendars created or imported into Flow are visible on the Calendars page. Use the Calendars page to create new calendars and make changes to existing calendars. Use the Calendar details page to view and manage more specific calendar details.
Who can use this?
Use calendars to:
- Set up custom date ranges in the date filter.
- Show team or organization events on the Project timeline to give perspective those metrics.
You need the Manage calendars permission to manage existing calendars. Learn more about Administrative permissions.
To manage your calendars:
- Click Settings in the top navigation.
- Find Report settings in the left navigation.
- Click Calendars.
The Calendars management page shows:
- Calendar name is the name of the calendar.
- Type tells Flow the scope of the calendar. Flow shows information relevant to the team you’re looking at in reports.
- Organization calendars hold events applicable to the entire organization, such as company holidays and all-hands meetings.
- Group calendars hold events relevant to one or more teams.
- Created by shows the user who created the calendar.
- Show on tells Flow where you want events from this calendar to show up.
- If you choose reports, events show in reports.
- If you choose Date picker, events show as custom ranges in the date filter. Learn how to set up custom date ranges.
- If you choose both, events show in both places. This is not recommended.
- Subscribed teams is the number of teams subscribed to the calendar.
- Remove deletes the calendar.
On the Calendar management page, you can:
- Create a new calendar.
- Bulk import calendars and events via a .csv file.
- Edit multiple calendars at once. Use the bulk menu to update show settings, set calendar types, or delete calendars.
- Update calendar properties by clicking on the calendar name.
Edit calendar details
On the Calendar details page:
- Click the Edit calendar button next to the calendar's image.
- In the pop-up modal, edit the calendar name, calendar description, calendar type, and calendar visibility. Show on allows the calendar to show on reports, the date filter, or both.
- Click Save.
View, add, and manage calendar events
Under the Events tab, you can view and manage events.
- Use the Actions dropdown to delete an event, set a category, and show and hide events. Showing or hiding events determines if the event is visible in your reports.
- Click Add event to add events to your calendar.
- Toggle Show event to show or hide an event.
- Click the trash icon to delete an event from your calendar.
View and manage team subscriptions
Once you have created a group calendar and all its associated events, subscribe specific teams to this calendar. Subscribing to a team to a calendar enables you to visualize these calendar events when you filter by the specific team in reports.
To subscribe a team:
- On the calendars page, click the calendar you want to edit.
- On the calendar’s details page, click the Subscriptions tab.
- Click Subscribe teams.
- In the pop-up modal, search for the team you want to add to the calendar. To include nested teams in the subscription, click the check box next to Also subscribe nested teams.
- Click Subscribe.
When you're done, find the teams under your Subscriptions.
To view events for your subscribed teams, navigate to the Project timeline report and filter to one of your subscribed teams.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.