All learners with an active Pluralsight Skills subscription or license have access to offline viewing, which means you can use our mobile apps to download courses to your device and view them without an Internet connection. You can download up to 30 courses per device for offline viewing if your device has the available download space.
Who can use this?
To learn which operating systems we support, visit our mobile and offline systems article.
To download a course for offline viewing on the mobile app:
- Find a course you want to download from the Home page, Browse, or Search, and tap the course to view the course details page.
- Download the content you want to view offline.
- To download the full course, tap Download.
- To download individual modules within a course, go to the Contents section on the course details page and tap the ••• options menu to the right of the module title, and you will have the option to download that module.
Note: You must have an active Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to download courses for offline viewing. To prevent the app from using cellular data to download courses, enable the Require Wi-Fi for Downloading option in the app settings.
The Skills app for Android allows you to download multiple courses at once from a path or a channel. Go to the path or channel you want to download, tap the ••• options menu in the upper right corner, and tap Download all.
Find courses or modules you’ve downloaded on the Downloads page in the app. Click the Sort dropdown menu at the top of the page to reorder your downloaded content in the list.
Removing downloaded courses
From the downloads page
- iOS: Tap Edit in the top-right corner to select which courses or modules to remove, or tap Remove all to clear out your downloads.
- Android: Tap the ••• options menu next to the course or module you want to remove and then tap Remove download, or tap and hold a course or module to select multiple downloads to remove.
From the course details page
If you downloaded the entire course, tap the Downloaded button to remove it from your downloads.
If you only downloaded some of the modules within the course, the Downloaded button instead shows as a half-moon icon with the number of downloaded modules listed, e.g., 3 of 6 modules. To remove all modules from your downloads, tap this button and tap Remove download. To remove individual modules, scroll to the Contents tab, tap the ••• options menu next to the module you want to remove, and tap Remove download.
How do I know whether a downloaded course is fully downloaded?
On the course details page
After you tap Download on the course details page, the button turns into a progress wheel as the course downloads. Once it’s complete, the download icon turns solid and the button changes to say Downloaded.
When downloading an individual module, a progress wheel appears next to the ••• options menu. Once the module is downloaded, a small download icon appears over the module number (Android) or next to the ••• options menu (iOS).
On the Downloads page
Downloads in progress appear on the Downloads page. A progress wheel appears while content is downloading and disappears once the download is complete.
How long do I keep my downloads?
There's no time limit for how long a course stays downloaded on your device. Downloaded courses are only removed if:
- You log out of the app. You must have an active Skills subscription or license to download courses for offline viewing. If you log out of the app, there is no longer a subscription tied to it, so the downloaded courses are removed from the Downloads page. To keep your downloaded courses in the app, avoid logging out.
- You cancel your Skills subscription or leave your team plan. The download courses feature is meant for learners with a paid subscription to play videos without an Internet connection. It is not meant as a way for learners to keep videos indefinitely. If you cancel your Skills subscription or leave your team plan, any downloaded videos are removed.
- You uninstall the app.
Why do I get an error when trying to download courses?
If you get an error when trying to download courses, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Visit the Subscription & Billing page (opens in new tab) to confirm whether you have an active Skills subscription.
- If you've recently upgraded your subscription and you're not able to download courses, log out of the mobile app and log back in to sync your subscription level. Remember that this action removes any content you've already downloaded.
- If you're on the iOS app, make sure your Wi-Fi assist is turned off. See instructions from Apple Support (external site, opens in new tab).
- If you can't download or view any content on a Wi-Fi connection, try playing the videos through a browser. If you run into the same trouble, investigate whether your network is blocking our videos through our Video player troubleshooting and tips.
If I view a course offline on the Pluralsight app, will it appear as "viewed" in my account?
Yes—once you reconnect to the Internet and sync your course progress, it reflects in your account. To sync offline activity with your account, launch the mobile app while connected to the Internet. Any downloaded content you've viewed offline then appears as "viewed" on your account. Be sure not to remove the download or your progress won't be saved.
Is there a way to access the downloaded course video files in the Pluralsight app?
No. You can't download video courses in file format. You can only play video courses through the video player on the app.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.