All paid Pluralsight Skills subscribers have access to offline viewing, which means you can use our mobile apps to download courses to your device and view them without an Internet connection. With an active Skills subscription, you can download up to 30 courses per device for offline viewing if your device has the available download space.
Who can use this?
If you’re on a Skills business plan, make sure you’ve been assigned a license so you can download courses. To learn which operating systems we support, visit our mobile and offline systems article.
In this article
- How do I download courses on the mobile app?
- How do I know whether a downloaded course is fully downloaded?
- How long do I keep my downloads?
- How do I remove downloaded courses from the mobile app?
- Why do I get an error when trying to download courses?
- If I view a course offline on the Pluralsight app, will it appear as "viewed" in my account?
- Is there a way to access the downloaded course video files in the Pluralsight app?
How do I download courses on the mobile app?
Find a course you want to download from the Home page, Browse, or Search, and tap the course to view the course details page. To download the full course, tap the Download button. You must have an active Wi-Fi or cellular data connection to download courses for offline viewing.
Note: To prevent the Pluralsight iOS or Android app from using cellular data to download courses, enable the Require Wi-Fi for Downloading option in the app settings.
You can also download individual modules from a course. To download a module, go to the Contents section on the course details page and scroll down to the module you want to download. Tap the ••• options menu to the right of the module title, and you will have the option to download that module.
If you use the Pluralsight Android app, you can also download multiple courses at once from a path or a channel. Go to the path or channel you want to download, tap the ••• options menu in the upper right corner, and tap Download all.
Any courses or modules you’ve downloaded will appear on the Downloads page in the app. Click the Sort dropdown at the top of the page to reorder your downloaded content in the list.
How do I know whether a downloaded course is fully downloaded?
On the course details page
After you tap the Download button on the course details page, the button will turn into a progress wheel as the course downloads. Once it’s complete, the down arrow icon will turn solid and the button will change to say Downloaded.
When downloading an individual module, a progress wheel will appear next to the ••• options menu. Once the module is downloaded, a small download icon will appear over the module number (Android) or next to the ••• options menu (iOS).
On the Downloads page
Downloads in progress will appear on the Downloads page. A progress wheel will appear while content is downloading and disappear once the download is complete.
How long do I keep my downloads?
There is no time limit for how long a course will stay downloaded on your device. A downloaded course will only be removed if:
- You log out of the app. An active Skills subscription is required to download courses for offline viewing. If you log out of the app, there is no longer a subscription tied to it, so the downloaded courses will be removed from the Downloads page. In order to keep your downloaded courses in the app, try to avoid logging out.
- You cancel your Skills subscription. The download courses feature is meant for learners with a paid subscription to play videos without an Internet connection. It is not meant as a way for learners to keep videos indefinitely. If you cancel your Pluralsight subscription, any downloaded videos will be removed.
- You uninstall the app.
How do I remove downloaded courses from the mobile app?
From the downloads page
- iOS: Tap Edit in the top-right corner to select which courses or modules to remove, or tap Remove all to clear out your downloads.
- Android: Tap the ••• options menu next to the course or module you want to remove and then tap Remove download, or tap and hold a course or module to select multiple downloads to remove.
From the course details page
If you downloaded the entire course, tap the Downloaded button to remove it from your downloads.
If you only downloaded some of the modules within the course, the Downloaded button will instead show as a half-moon icon with the number of downloaded modules listed, e.g., 3 of 6 modules. To remove all modules from your downloads, tap this button and tap Remove download. To remove individual modules, scroll to the Contents tab, tap the ••• options menu next to the module you want to remove, and tap Remove download.
Why do I get an error when trying to download courses?
If you get an error when trying to download courses, visit the Subscription & Billing page (opens in new tab) to confirm whether you have an active Pluralsight Skills subscription. If you've recently upgraded your subscription and you're not able to download courses, log out of the mobile app and log back in to sync your subscription level. Remember that this action will remove any already downloaded content.
If you're on the iOS app, make sure your Wi-Fi assist is turned off through your iOS settings (Settings > Cellular > Wi-Fi Assist, all the way at the bottom of the page).
If you can't download or view any content on a Wi-Fi connection, try playing the videos through a browser. If you run into the same trouble, investigate whether your network is blocking our videos through our Bandwidth troubleshooting, tips, and workarounds.
If I view a course offline on the Pluralsight app, will it appear as "viewed" in my account?
Yes. To sync any offline activity with your account, launch the mobile app while connected to the Internet. Any downloaded content you've viewed offline will then appear as "viewed" on your account. Be sure not to remove the download or your progress won't be saved.
Is there a way to access the downloaded course video files in the Pluralsight app?
No. You can't download video courses in file format. You can only play video courses through the video player on the app.
If you need help, please email Support (opens email form) for 24/7 assistance.