There are situations where you may want to exclude users from your reports and remove all their data from your metrics. Some common excluded users are:
- Current employees you do not want to track in Flow.
- External contributors who committed to an open source repository in your account but are not associated with your organization.
Important: Be cautious about hiding users who were once active contributors in your organization. If you hide a user who meaningfully contributed to your metrics, you will skew your overall organization-level data. As an example, all PRs the excluded user reviewed will become unreviewed PRs in Flow. Keep past employees included in your reports to maintain the accuracy of your data over large time frames.
To exclude a user from all reports:
- From your Settings menu under User Management click Users.
- Use the advanced filters to find the users you want to exclude.
- Select the users you want to exclude. Use the drop down menu and click Exclude from metrics to exclude many users at once. Exclude a single user by using the toggle in the Include in Metrics column.
- You have successfully excluded the users. Include them back into your reports at any point using the same process.
Note: In some situations, you may want to hide a user rather than exclude them. Learn more about hidden users.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.