The GCP Cloud Sandbox is designed to provide a real, no-risk GCP environment for you to learn by doing on cloud. We are compatible with a variety of tools and services, so you have as many choices as possible when working through your training. Follow along with labs, brush up on skills, or just explore.
GCP Cloud Sandboxes are restricted to these locations:
Additional restrictions include:
- Not allowed to set/change quotas
- Cannot assign permissions to roles or users
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Google Cloud Support
- Identity Aware Proxy (IAP)
- Resource Manager
- Service Account Management
- Service Management
- Vertex AI
Note: Most unlisted services are available in the GCP Cloud Playground.
Google SQL instances
- Click Databases - SQL - Create Instance.
- Click Show Configuration Options.
- Under Machine Type, select Custom. Then key in 2 for vCPUs and 8 for memory.
- Select your storage capacity – you may choose up to 100 GB of storage.
Important: Though there are higher options listed, the maximum capacity per SQL instance is 2 CPUs, 8 GB of memory and 100 GB of storage. If you exceed these limitations, your lab or playground will be shut down.
Cloud Playground abuse
A few general examples of abuse are listed below. This list is not comprehensive.
- Incorrect instance type
- Ten or more instances created at a time
- Ten or more vCPU across all instances
- Any individual instance with memory exceeding 8GB
- SQL instance counts exceeding 4
- Attempting to use resources for Bitcoin mining
- Excessive network traffic
- DDoS or port scanning external hosts
- Google Cloud: using an Accelerator
Have fun and learn, but also be respectful, please.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.