Set configurations to adjust how Flow calculates your metrics and customize aspects of Flow's interface.
You need the Configurations permission to modify your general configurations.
To set manual configurations:
- Click Settings in Flow's top navigation bar.
- In the left navigation under Report settings, click Configurations.
Pull requests to exclude
Use this configuration to exclude PRs using regular expressions. Some organizations want certain PRs excluded from metrics. People with WIP PRs are a common example. Use a regex to conform the Flow platform to your process. Learn more about excluding pull requests.
Pull request tracking
Use this configuration to adjust when some of your PR metrics calculations begin. This specifically affects time-based metrics, like Time to merge.
Track PRs from the time they were:
- Created - This is the default and recommended configuration. Flow tracks the moment they are created.
- First commented - Flow tracks PR metrics from the time the first comment was made.
Important: Changing this setting can cause slight delays in processing pull requests. If you use First commented for your Pull request tracking, your Time to first comment is always zero.
Pull request comments to exclude
Use this configuration to exclude specific pull request comments using regular expressions. Some teams have processes where certain comments should be excluded from metrics, for example, "+1". Learn how to exclude pull request comments.
Use this configuration to customize your comment robustness for comment-based metrics.
Set boundaries by adjusting the number of words that count for trivial, regular, and robust comments.
Default pagination page size
Use this configuration to determine how many rows of data Flow displays in reports that use pagination.
Reports that use pagination include:
- Work log
- Review collaboration
- Review workflow
Custom date ranges
This configuration enables your organization to take advantage of creating custom calendars and events.
Toggle configurations on for:
- Enable custom date ranges - This setting enables you to show specific calendars and/or sprints in your date picker in your reports. Learn more about custom date ranges.
- Additionally, select which label custom date ranges appear under in all date filters. Choose a provided label or create a custom one under 10 characters.
- Utilize updated calculation logic to support custom date ranges (recommended) - This setting changes the way any partial week is calculated in your Team health insights report. Metrics are weighted on the number of days selected in the time frame rather than entire weeks.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.