Calendars allow you to visualize organizational level events in your reports down to team level events and meetings. Below, find instructions on how to set up a calendar and create events within that calendar.In this article
You can create as many calendars as you would like but here are a few best practices to keep in mind.
- Teams should only subscribe to one calendar that is visible on the Date Picker.
- Try and keep only one Organizational level calendar visible in the Date Picker.
Create a calendar
- Click Settings in the top navigation of Flow. Using the left navigation under Report Settings, click Calendars.Tip: Calendars is a permission based feature. You need to have the Manage calendars permission in order to view and create calendars. Learn more about Administrative permissions.
- Click Add calendar.
- In this modal you will need to fill out the following fields:
- Calendar Name
- Calendar Description
- Calendar Type
- Organization - Select this option if your events are applicable to all teams and Users.
- Group - Select this option if your events are applicable to only a select group of teams. You will need to subscribe teams to group calendars.
- Show On - Select where you would like your events to appear. (See "Where will my events appear" below)
- Reports - events will appear directly in your reports
- Date Picker - This option should be used for creating custom date ranges or sprint cycles. Events will appear in the Date Range filter in your report so you can easily navigate to a specific time frame.
- Once you have filled out your calendar details click Save.
- You have successfully created a calendar and it will be visible in your calendar list.
Now that we have created a calendar, let's add some events.
- Click on any calendar in your calendar list to view the Calendar details page.
- On the Calendar details page click Add event.
- Once you have filled out all your event details click Create.
- Success! At this point you can continue to create additional events or you can click Done.
- You will now see all the events you created in your event list. You can make edits to your event at any time. Learn more about your Calendar details page.
Adding Events in the Project Timeline Report
Once you have a calendar created, you can also add events straight from the Project timeline report.
- Click the Add event button to open the Add event modal.
- Select the calendar name from the drop down menu that you wish to add the event to, then click Next.
- On the next screen you can review and edit your event or add another event. If you are finished click Done.
Where will my events appear?
You can see your calendar events in two different places depending on the Calendar Show On setting.
Show On: Reports
For any events within a calendar that is set to show on reports, you will see your events in the report itself. You will need to verify the following:
- Events filter is set to include the type of calendar events you are wanting to view:
- If your calendar events are under a group calendar, you will need to filter to the subscribed team
Once you have those two filters set appropriately you will see your events appear as shown below:
Show On: Date Picker
The Date Picker is designed to create custom date ranges, specifically sprints. These generally are associated with a group calendar with specific teams subscribed. Events associated with a calendar that appear in the Date Picker will appear regardless of what is or is not selected in the Events filter.
For any event that is set to show on the Date Picker, you will need to ensure you are properly filtered to the correct team, if the events are only assigned to a specific team.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.