Calendars allow you to visualize organizational level events in your reports down to team level events and meetings. Below, find instructions on how to setup a calendar and create events within that calendar.
Create a calendar
Step 1: To begin, go to the top navigation bar and click Settings. Using the left navigation under Report Settings, click Calendars.
Step 2: Click Add calendar.
Step 3: In this modal you will need to fill out the following fields:
A. Calendar Name
B. Calendar Description
C. Calendar Type
- Organization - Select this option if your events are applicable to all teams and Users.
- Group - Select this option if your events are applicable to only a select group of teams. You will need to subscribe teams to group calendars.
D. Show On - Select where you would like your events to appear. (See "Where will my events appear" below)
- Reports - events will appear directly in your reports
- Date Picker - This option should be used for creating custom date ranges or sprint cycles. Events will appear in the Date Range filter in your report so you can easily navigate to a specific time frame.
Step 4: Once you have filled out your calendar details click Save.
Step 5: You have successfully created a calendar and it will be visible in your calendar list.
Now that we have created a calendar, let's add some events.
Step 1: Click on any calendar in your calendar list to view the Calendar details page.
Step 2: On the Calendar details page click Add event
Step 3: In this modal you will need to input the following information:
A. Event Name
B. Date of Event and Timezone
C. Repeating - With any repeating event you can select an end date if applicable or have it set to repeat indefinitely.
- Does not repeat
D. Event Type - There are three types:
- Time Off
Step 4: Once you have filled out all your event details click Create.
Step 5: Success! At this point you can continue to create additional events or you can click Done.
Step 6: You will now see all the events you created in your event list. You can make edits to your event at any time. Learn more about your Calendar details.
Adding Events in the Project Timeline Report
Once you have a calendar created, you can also add events straight from the Project timeline report.
Step 1: Click the Add event button to open the Add event modal
Step 2: Select the calendar name from the drop down menu that you wish to add the event to, then click Next.
Step 3: Fill out the details (name, date, time, meeting type) of the event then click Create.
Step 3: On the next screen you can review and edit your event or add another event. If you are finished click Done.
Step 4: See the below section to see where your newly created event(s) will appear.
Where will my events appear?
You can see your calendar events in two different places depending on the Calendar Show On setting.
Show On: Reports
For any events within a calendar that is set to show on reports, you will see your events in the report itself. You will need to verify the following:
1. Events filter is set to include the type of calendar events you are wanting to view:
2. If your calendar events are under a group calendar, you will need to filter to the subscribed team.
Once you have those two filters set appropriately you will see your events appear as shown below:
Show On: Date Picker
The Date Picker is designed to create custom date ranges, specifically sprints. These generally are associated with a group calendar with specific teams subscribed. Events associated with a calendar that appear in the Date Picker will appear regardless of what is or is not selected in the Events filter.
For any event that is set to show on the Date Picker, you will need to ensure you are properly filtered to the correct team, if the events are only assigned to a specific team.
You can create as many calendars as you would like but here are a few best practices to keep in mind.
- Teams should only subscribe to one calendar that is visible on the Date Picker.
- Example: Sprint Calendar
- Try and keep only one Organizational level calendar visible in the Date Picker.
If you need help, please email email@example.com for 24/7 assistance.