This is a step-by-step guide for adding a single repo to Flow via SSH. Learn more about bulk importing repos via SSH.
Flow only has access to commit data for repos connected to Flow through the Generic Repo SSH integration. No ticket, PR, or merge data shows in Flow for these repos.
Adding a single repo
Important: Use a service account when importing repos via SSH. Learn more about creating a service account.
To add a repo:
- Click Settings in the top navigation bar in Flow.
- In the left navigation under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click Add Integration in the top right corner of the Integrations page.
- Select Generic Repo from the Integration Provider list.
- Click the SSH tab and input your SSH Clone URL.
- Click Get Keypair.
- Click Copy public key to your clipboard.
- In a new tab, add the SSH key to your Git host. Go to your Git host settings and add the SSH key at a user or organization level, not the repo level. This allows you to share the key with other repos added from this Git host.
- Once you've added your SSH key to your Git host, navigate back to Flow.
- Check I installed the key.
- Click Test connection.
- If your connection was successful, click Next.
- Ensure the repo service is toggled on. Click Next.
- Name your integration so you can find it in Flow more easily. Click Create.
To view your imported repo, click the link under the Repos tab on the integration page. Learn more about managing integrations.
Tip: If you imported other repos via SSH under another integration, you can assign and consolidate them under one integration. Learn about managing repositories.
If your connection isn't successful, you'll see an error message.
Here are a few reasons why a repo might fail to import:
- The SSH Clone URL is incorrect.
- The SSH key is not placed at the user level of your Git host.
Allow time for your repo to fully process. Depending on the size of the repo and the commits, this may take up to a day. Commits are processed in reverse chronological order.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.