Inventory analytics surfaces your team’s development by capturing the most popular subjects within your team and showing you how proficiency levels are distributed across the team. Your team's engagement is based on video clip views, project tasks, interactive course challenges, and assessment completion.
Who can use this?
These analytics help you:
- See your teams’ skill inventory and Skill IQ proficiencies within your team
- Ensure skill development is focused on the right subjects
- Spot opportunities to guide your teams’ development
- Gain visibility into the skills that need to be measured and the number of users that have not assessed a skill
Below is an example of the Inventory analytics dashboard. The dashboard contains 3 areas: popular subjects, skill IQ distribution, and an inventory table. The Inventory Analytics dashboard shows the trending subject levels within your team.
Popular subjects surfaces the trending subjects within your team. Use popular content to see what your team is focused on and help your team grow by guiding them on skills needed for projects.
Hover over a content bubble to view the number of users engaged with that content and see how many users have yet to take an assessment.
Skill IQ by distribution level
Skill IQ distribution by subject captures of the number of users within a proficiency range for a particular subject. Data presented here highlights all subjects from the plan creation date to the end date specified in the report filter.
Skill IQ distribution by level shows the percentage and number of users’ Skill IQ proficiency levels within a given subject across:
- Novice: 0 - 100 Skill IQ
- Emerging: 101 - 134 Skill IQ
- Average: 135 - 164 Skill IQ
- Above average: 165 - 200 Skill IQ
- Expert: 201 - 300 Skill IQ
This data is aggregated at a subject level, meaning multiple skill assessments could roll up to one subject. For example, 214 users took six different assessments that are categorized within the “Python” subject. The average score of all of those assessments are plotted on the chart.
Note : Skill IQ quintiles are not yet reflected in the learner experience or the skills analytics drill down report.
The inventory table shows engagement and assessments data. This table is automatically ranked by the number of assessments taken.
- Subjects group data by technology categories
- Content interactions aggregate the total of individual video course clips views, project tasks, interactive courses challenges, and skill assessments completions over the specified time frame*
- Engaged users shows the number of users on the plan who engaged with content and assessments related to this subject over the specified time frame*
- Engaged users assessed shows the number of users on the plan who have completed a skill assessment related to this subject over the specified time frame*
- Engaged users not assessed shows the number of users on your plan who have not completed a skill assessment related to this subject over the specified time frame*
- Skill level composition shows the distribution of users within the subject from the plan creation date until the end date specified in the report filter. Hover over the distributions to view the distribution of each skill level.
Note : The number of users in a skill level is based on the average level across all skill assessments tagged with the subject.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.