Mentoring works best on Chrome and Firefox. Here's how to test and troubleshoot your workspace setup before starting your mentoring session.
Testing mentoring on your system
If you face technical issues with the mentoring interface, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome or FireFox.
- Make sure you are able to run the webrtc test.
- Make sure firewall and proxies are configured correctly--see our recommendations & requirements here.
- Make sure that the right camera and mic are selected.
- If you have an issue with your camera, check if the camera works on a different browser. For instance, if you are using Chrome, check if it works with Firefox instead.
- Make sure you have the right ports open. You can check this by running the Connectivity Doctor.
- Make sure the camera/audio works in Google’s webrtc demo
- Run a bandwidth test at Speedtest.net. Make sure that the bandwidth is over 350kbps upload and download.
- Make sure the camera/audio works in Skype or Photo Booth.
- Reload your page, then restart your browser. If those don't work, reboot your OS.