● Leverage your experts
Leverage your experts
Q&A helps you leverage your organization's own subject matter experts to share knowledge and answer questions quickly.
Who can use this?
How Q&A works
- Identify knowledge: Every Skills user in your organization can self-select knowledge areas, so they receive notifications when new questions matching their expertise are posted.
- Ask a question: Users can search for existing answers or ask a new question. Each question is sent to peers in your organization with matching expertise.
- Answer questions: Once an internal peer gets notified of a new question, they can review the full description within the Q&A experience, review any included code markup, and provide helpful answers.
How to roll it out
Here are a few best practices and helpful questions to consider as you get started.
- Step 1: Identify a number of subject-matter experts (SMEs) within your organization in key topic areas—such as DevOps, security, data and software development. You can use Pluralsight's advanced skills inventory analytics to help find the knowledge holders within your organization.
- Step 2: Invite your SMEs to complete their knowledge profile.
- Step 3: Since these SMEs are likely already answering questions within your organization, invite them to submit five questions and answers they’re frequently asked.
- Step 4: Schedule a launch day and demo Q&A to your organization or a specific team. Since your Q&A repository will already contain a number of questions and answers from your SMEs, it’ll be easier for individuals to ask new questions.
- Step 5: Invite team members to complete their knowledge profiles and ask their next question in Q&A.
Tip: Make sure to direct your SMEs and team members to the Q&A how-to article on Pluralsight's help center.
If you need help, please email email@example.com for 24/7 assistance.