Who can use this?
First, let's make sure you have the prerequisites squared away:
- Does your account have at least one repository that contains data? As a test, see if you can access any of the Flow reports. If you cannot see the reports, your ability to access meaningful data via the API will be limited.
- Do you have API permissions? To verify, log into Flow, click Settings then Users. Locate and click your user. Click the Access tab then make sure at least one of the APIs listed in the API Access section has a check next to it.
- Does your User have an associated API Key? In the Authentication section we show you how to create and use an API key so you can fetch data without having to be logged in Flow.
All set? Let's get started!
1. In Postman, enter your API URL. In this example we’ll use:
2. Click Send.
3. This should return the first three USERS in your account. Note the Status: 200 OK.
That’s it. Congratulations, you did it!
This is a very simple example of a request you can make in the Flow API. Advanced features, such as traversing objects and aggregating data that allow you to customize your results, are also available.
If you need help, please email Support (opens email form) for 24/7 assistance.