Once you have created an integration and connected your Git host to your Flow account, you can start importing and managing your imported repos.
To manage and import repos, start by navigating to your Repos page. On your Flow home page, go to the top navigation bar and click Settings. Using the left navigation under Integrations, click Repos.
On the Repo page, there are two tabs.
- Imported: this tab includes all of the repos that have already been imported into your account.
- Available: this tab includes all of the repos that are available to be imported.
This tab includes all of your imported repos. Here you have the ability to:
- Use advanced filtering to narrow down your repo list.
- Assign a repo to a different Integration.
- Edit Paths to Ignore - Use this menu item to update the Paths to Ignore list across multiple repos.
- Update Repos
- Add tags
- Remove tags
- Remove (delete) repos.
- Select and view a repo's settings.
Using the advanced filters
If you have a large quantity of repos, and you need to find a select few of repos that you need to delete or assign to a different integration, you can use the advanced filters to do so.
To use these filters, next to the search box, select Show filters. The advanced filters will appear and you will be able to select your filtering criteria and add filters and groups.
Assign a a repo a different Integration.
If multiple users have imported repos from the same Git host and project, you will have multiple integrations for the same account but set up by the user that imported them. Assigning these repos to another integrations will use that user's integration to process and update your data without having to start from scratch.
- Locate the repo(s) that you would like to assign to a different integration, and from the Actions drop down menu click Assign to integration.
- A modal will appear where you will need to select the integration you want to assign the repo to. Find the integration and click Save.
- The next screen will inform you if your assignment was successful. If the assignment was not successful, the repo was not associated with the integration’s account. Click Save again.
Edit Paths to Ignore
The Paths to Ignore is a list of paths/files/directories that are currently being ignored/excluded from data analysis. Add//remove items from this list across multiple repos using this drop down menu item. See a list of file types that are ignored by default.
Select the repo(s) you want to edit the the Paths to Ignore list for and click Edit Paths to Ignore from the Actions dropdown menu. Then update the list and click Save, then confirm your changes.
In addition to updating repos at the individual repo and integration level, you can also use this drop down menu item to update specific repos as needed.
Select the repo(s) you want to update and click Update Repos in the Actions dropdown, then confirm your selectionYou have successfully queued your repos to update.
Add Repo Tags
To add a repo tag, select the repo(s) you want to add a tag to and click Add tags in the Actions dropdown menu. In the Add tags modal, search for your desired tag or type in a new one to create a new tag, then click Save.
Remove Repo Tags
To remove repo tags from a selection of repos use the Remove tags feature.
Select the repo(s) you want to remove tags from and click Remove tags from the Actions dropdown menu. Search for tag(s) you want to remove and click Save.
Remove (delete) repos
Deleting repos from your imported repos list
- On your Flow home page, go to the top navigation bar and click Settings. Using the left navigation under Integrations, click Repos.
- Select the repo(s) you want to delete from your account.
- From the Actions drop down menu, click Remove selected.
A message will appear confirming your selection. Click Yes, remove repo data.You have successfully deleted your repo.
Deleting a Repo from the Repo Page
- From the Repos page, click on the name of the repo you want to view in more detail.
- On the repo specific page, click the trash can icon next to Update Repo.
- A message will appear asking you to confirm your selection. Click Yes, remove repo data.
- Success! You have successfully deleted your repo.
Select and view a repo’s settings
You can view additional information for an individual repo by clicking the repo’s name. On the individual repo’s page, you can do the following:
- Visit URL - You can go straight to your repo for cloud Git hosts by clicking Visit URL.
- Update the repo - By clicking Update repo you will place the repo into the updating queue. See Repository processing status for more information about repo updating.
- Manage tags - You will be able to add or delete tags. See Repo tags for more information.
- Paths to ignore - Manage files types and directories you would like Flow to ignore when processing the repo’s commits. See this help doc for more information.
- Remove (delete) repo - By clicking the trash can icon, you will delete the repo from your account.
This tab includes all of your available repos that you can import. Here you have the ability to:
- Import individual repos.
- Import all repos from a particular group/project.
- Refresh all groups.
Import a repo individually
Locate the repo you would like to import. You can find it by using the search bar at the top or by looking for it under the integration and group/project name. Click Import. Once the repo is imported it will move to your Imported tab.
Import all repos from a particular group/project.
Locate the group/project you want to import all repos for and click Import all. Once the repos are imported, they will move to your Imported tab.
Refresh all groups
Clicking Refresh all groups will force update your repo Integrations to ensure your available repo list is complete and updated.
Once you click Refresh all groups, your Available repo tab will begin to update, and you will see the following message. This list can take some time to update in some instances. You may at this point leave this page and come back at a later time to see your updated repo list.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.