Multi-factor authentication (MFA) allows Pluralsight to confirm your identity by using a combination of factors, rather than just your password alone.
With MFA, you’ll use an authenticator app on your smartphone to generate a code. Use this code every time you log in to Pluralsight in combination with your email address and password to guard your account.
Who can use this?
Choosing to use MFA
Using MFA is optional. Plan admins on Skills team plans cannot require learners to use MFA.
Any Pluralsight user can use MFA, except in the following circumstances:
- If you’re a member of a team plan that already uses SSO (single sign-on) or LTI integrations for learning management systems, you cannot use MFA.
- If you’re using our Skills mobile, TV, or desktop apps, there's a different authentication method available instead of MFA. Please see our step-by-step guidance on how to set up mobile app device authentication, desktop app authentication, or how to log into Pluralsight on Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV stick or Apple TV. You can still use MFA to log in to Skills on your browser.
To enable MFA
- On your Account settings page (opens in new tab) under Multi-Factor Authentication, click Enable.
- Enter your password, then click Next. If you’ve forgotten your password, see How do I reset my password?
- Install an authenticator app on your smartphone, and add a new account for Pluralsight.
Note: Any widely used authenticator app is compatible with this process, including Google Authenticator, Authy, Duo Mobile, and LastPass Authenticator.
- Scan the Pluralsight QR code, or enter the Pluralsight code on your phone.
- Click Done.
When you’ve enabled MFA, your Account settings page will show it as enabled.
To disable MFA
- On your Account settings page (opens in new tab) under Multi-Factor Authentication, click Disable.
- Enter your password, then click Next.
This disables MFA. You can re-enable it at any time.
To log in with MFA
- From the login page, enter your email address and password.
- You’ll be prompted to enter a code from your authenticator app. Enter the code and click Verify.
Who can use this?
Managing MFA for your team
MFA can only be turned on by individual users on your plan. There is no plan-level enforcement of MFA.
Additionally, users on plans using SSO or LTI connections cannot use MFA.
If you’d like more information about using SSO or creating an LTI integration for your plan, please contact Professional Services (opens email form).
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.