The repository auto-import feature gives you the ability to have all repos import automatically. With this feature turned on, any new repo you create will automatically be imported into your account.
Who can use this?
The auto-import feature is available for any integration, however repo exclusion rules are only available for Git-based integrations.
To edit an integration's auto-import settings:
- Click Settings in Flow's top navigation bar.
- In the left navigation under Integrations, click Integrations.
- Click on a Git integration.
On the Repos tab of the integration page, you will see what repo groups you have enabled auto-import for. Auto-import applies to all repo projects within a repo group. Toggle this feature on or off at any point.
Note: Toggling off auto-import for a repo group prevents future repos from that group from importing. It does not delete previously imported repos.
Creating repo exclusion rules
Repo exclusion rules allow you to exclude specific repos or groups of repos from being auto-imported into your account.
By adding repo exclusion rules, you will:
- See more of the data you want in Flow.
- Spend less time manually managing repos.
To edit your existing repo exclusion rules or create new ones, click on the Repo exclusion tab of the integration page.
Create rules to exclude:
- Repos by name
- Repos by regular expression
- Repos by date
- Archived repos
- Open-source repos
Note: Toggling on Exclude archived repos is only available for Git Hub and Git Lab integrations.
Creating a repo exclusion rule for an integration does not apply to that integration’s previously imported repos. For example, if you toggle on Exclude open-source repos, Flow will exclude all future open-source repos, but repos imported prior to creating this rule will still be included. To exclude a previously imported repo, you must manually remove the repo from the repos list.
Exclude repos by name
Exclude any imported or available repo by name. If the repo you wish to exclude is already imported, it will be deleted.
To exclude a repo by name:
- Click Add More to locate repos by name.
- Type in the name of the repo you would like to exclude. If the repo is already imported it will be labeled as imported.
- Once you have selected the repo you would like to exclude, you will be prompted to confirm your action. Click Yes.
Once you've confirmed your choice, the repo will no longer be imported when the auto-import feature is turned on for this integration.
Exclude repos by regular expression
To exclude one or multiple repos by regular expression:
- Click Add Rule.
- Enter the regular expression you want to exclude.
- Choose to match the regular expression rule on repo name or group name.
- Apply the regular expression rule to a specific group within your integration.
- Click Save. You will be prompted to confirm your action.
- Click Yes.
Any repo that matches this regular expression will not be imported when the auto-import feature is turned on for this integration.
Exclude repos by date
To exclude repos by date:
- Click Add Date.
- Select a specific date from the calendar to exclude repos older or younger than the date.
- Apply the date exclusion rule to a specific group within your integration.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes if you would like to proceed.
Exclude archived repos
Toggle on Exclude archived repos to exclude all archived repos of the selected integration from importing.
Note: This exclusion rule is only available for GitHub and GitLab integrations.
Exclude open-source repos
Toggle on Exclude open-source repos to exclude all open-source repos of the selected integration from importing.
If you need help, please email Support (opens email form) for 24/7 assistance.