Warning: These installation instructions do not apply to Flow Enterprise on-premises version 2020.2.2 or later.
We strongly recommend that the directory used be something that can be easily exchanged or grown. However, it does not need to be "permanent" storage. It can be ephemeral.
Flow Enterprise requires a PostgreSQL database that meets the following specifications:
- Version 12
- A minimum of 2 CPU cores, recommended 4 CPU cores or more
- A minimum of 8 GB of RAM
Important: RDS is not currently supported in version 12, but will be supported in a future release. Read the AWS forum for RDS for Postgres 12 Beta for further details.
Flow Enterprise can be installed, and can function, without access to the Internet. However, it is recommended that it be able to connect to port HTTPS/443 on external addresses for access to installer files during the install and later for updates. This, obviously, could be scheduled to coincide with your maintenance schedules. If you require the system to have no external Internet access, an airgapped installation can be achieved and maintained.
For data analysis, your Flow Enterprise system must have access to your Git repositories and your ticket system. The following ports should be allowed to those instances:
- HTTP/80 and HTTPS/443: This should be the standard ports where your Git repository and ticket system server data for both Git data and API information.
- SSH: Most Git vendors also allow for SSH download of the repositories they serve. This is sometimes port 22 and sometimes port 7999 or a custom port.
For access to the system itself by your users, Flow also requires the following ports be open to internal users:
- HTTP/80: This must be open for internal health-check pings.
- HTTPS/443: This must be open for users to use the interface.
- HTTPS/8800: This port is used to reach the administration interface with a web browser. It does not have to be open to general users, but must be available to system administrators.
- SSH/22: System administrators will need access to SSH on the server instance running Flow enterprise for occasional updates and maintenance.
E-mail Server Requirements
To offer a full experience to users, Flow Enterprise requires that an SMTP server be provided. This e-mail server and information is required for the system to function. You must choose an e-mail server that meets the following criteria:
- It must be able to send e-mail from the e-mail you choose to use as the "From" address in system e-mails.
- It must be able to send e-mail to any users you intend to invite into the system.
- It must be able to be reached on the given hostname and port from your chosen server.
- It must not be a one-off installation of SendMail or Postfix on the local host server running the application.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.