Use the Retrospective report to compare your teams' metrics across specific timeframes. Look back on your teams' trends and capture where they're succeeding and where they might need guidance.
Learn more about the ticket metrics discussed in this report.
Who can use this?
With the Retrospective report, team managers and engineering leadership can:
- View how changes in workflow affect subsequent sprints and work periods.
- Compare team metrics across sprints and teams.
- Track key organizational metrics over time.
- Use the Retrospective URL to save and share the retrospective report.
Note: You must configure delivery configurations to view the metrics in Retrospective. Learn more about ticket project configurations.
In this article
What metrics does Retrospective compare?
Use the filters at the to of the report to select which team to view, which projects to view data form what timeframe to look at, and how many comparison periods you want displayed. Adjust these filters as desired.
Once these filters are set, Retrospective shows you information about trends for key metrics over time, your workload distribution, and key tickets to review.
Find the metrics dropdown menu on the right of the report. Use the metrics dropdown menu to select which metrics you want to view in your report.
Tickets are included in Retrospective if they are completed and moved to a Done status during the selected time period.
Tickets marked Canceled through the ticket project configuration are excluded from Retrospective.
The Trends area displays the change over time for your teams' and organization's key metrics.
- The arrow captures the overall trend. If the arrow is green, the trend is positive. If the arrow is orange, the trend can be improved. Flow uses a least squares regression (external site, opens in new tab) to calculate the trend percentages.
- The bar graph visualizes the metrics for each period being compared. The blue bar at the far right represents the primary date range. This is the current period’s date range. Grey bars represent previous periods.
- Hover over a bar to view the details for that period. Click View Tickets to view the tickets for that period. This takes you to the Ticket log.
- Click View details on the metrics panels to see more granular details of the sources that make up the metric's data.
The workload distribution shows counts and percentage breakdowns by issue type in the primary period.
Workload distribution includes tickets completed by issue, story points completed by issue type, and tickets completed by cycle time.
Tip: If your organization does not use story points, use the Edit metrics dropdown menu to hide the story points section of Workload distribution.
Tickets for review
Tickets for review captures the completed tickets in the primary period. It displays the tickets with the longest Cycle time and highest Queue time. Review these tickets during retrospectives with your team. For example, if you see an increase in Cycle time when conducting a retrospective, use this section to quickly identify the tickets that contributed to that increase, and have a data-based discussion with your team.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.