Role IQ helps you understand the skills important to your learners' roles within your organization. Where Skill IQ helps you understand individual skills in a given technology, Role IQ combines those skills—creating roles to help you skill up your teams into modern tech roles.
This article discusses Role IQ for Professional plans. For Enterprise plans, please see this article.
Who can use this?
To get to the Role IQ admin page, click on Dashboard in the left-hand Admin Tools. Then scroll down and click on View & Customize Roles on the right.
Professional plans have access to the following features:
- Assignment of roles: You can assign any role to one or more learners on your plan.
- Pluralsight-created roles: Built by Pluralsight content creators and partners, Pluralsight-created roles cover a wide range of skills and roles within a given industry.
- Basic roles analytics: Basic roles analytics gives you top-level insight into team or organization engagement and visibility into aggregate role proficiency.
Assign a role to an individual
You can assign any role to one or more learners on your team with a license.
- Locate and click on a role.
- Click the Assign Role button.
- Type the name or email address of the learner you wish to add.
- Click the Assign role button to finalize.
This will add the role to that learner's Role IQ page. The learner also receives an email indicating they’ve been assigned to a role.
If using a learner's email address (Step 3, above), it must be the primary email address used for their Skills profile.
To unassign a learner from a role, click the avatar(s) to the right of the Assign Role button and unassign the learner.
Assign a role to a team
You can assign a role to each member of your team all at once. This allows you to add the role faster, and helps make sure nobody gets missed. If new learners are added to the team in the future, they'll automatically be assigned any roles already assigned to the team.
To assign a role to a team, follow the steps above under the "Assign a role to an individual" section. But instead of the individual learner's name (Step 3), enter the team's name. This will add the role to each team member's Role IQ page, and each learner on the team will receive the email notification.
You can unassign individual learners from a role as described above under the "Assign a role to an individual" section. Or you can choose the team name to unassign each member of the team all at once.
Who can use this?
On a Professional plan, you have access to basic roles analytics, which gives you a high-level view of your learners' engagement with Role IQ.
To get started, click on Analytics using the left-pane navigation. Click the Roles tab in the top center panel.
Please see our article on Roles analytics for details.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.