Role IQ helps you understand the skills important to your learners' roles within your organization. Where Skill IQ helps you understand individual skills in a given technology, Role IQ combines those skills—creating roles to help you skill up your teams into modern tech roles.
This article discusses Role IQ for Professional plans. For Enterprise plans, please see this article.
In this article:
Who can use this?
To get to the Role IQ admin page, click on Dashboard in the left-hand Admin Tools. Then scroll down and click on View & Customize Roles on the right.
Professional plans have access to the following features:
- Assignment of roles: You can assign any role to one or more learners on your plan.
- Pluralsight-created roles: Built by Pluralsight content creators and partners, Pluralsight-created roles cover a wide range of skills and roles within a given industry.
- Basic roles analytics: Basic roles analytics gives plan admins top-level insight into team or organization engagement and visibility into aggregate role proficiency.
You can assign any role to one or more learners with a license on your team.
- Locate and click on a role.
- Click the Assign Role button.
- Enter the learner's name.
- Click the Assign role button to finalize.
This will add the role to that learner's Role IQ page. The learner also receives an email indicating they’ve been assigned to a role.
To unassign a learner from a role, click the learner's avatar to the right of the Assign Role button and unassign the learner.
Who can use this?
On a Professional plan, you have access to basic roles analytics, which gives you a high-level view of your learners' engagement with Role IQ.
Roles analytics can only be seen by plan admins.
To get started, click on Analytics using the left-pane navigation. Click the Roles tab in the top center panel.
Please see our article on Roles analytics for details.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.