Role IQ helps you understand the skills important to your learners' roles within your organization. Where Skill IQ helps you understand individual skills in a given technology, Role IQ combines those skills—creating roles to help you skill up your teams into modern tech roles. This article discusses Role IQ for Starter and Professional plans. For Enterprise plans, please see Role IQ for leaders: Enterprise plans.
In this article
Who can use this?
Tip: Before getting started, make sure you understand skill assessments and the learner Role IQ experience.
Using Role IQ
To get to your Role IQ admin page (opens in new tab), click Role IQ in the left-hand Leader Tools.
Starter and Professional plans have access to the following features:
- Assignment of roles: You can assign any role to one or more learners on your plan.
- Pluralsight-created roles: Built by Pluralsight content creators and partners, Pluralsight-created roles cover a wide range of skills and roles within a given industry.
- Basic roles analytics: Basic roles analytics gives you top-level insight into team or organization engagement and visibility into aggregate role proficiency. Roles analytics is included in Professional plans and is available as an add-on for Starter plans.
Who can use this?
Assign a role to an individual
You can assign any role to one or more learners on your team, as long as they have a license.
- Locate and click a role on the Role IQ admin page (opens in new tab).
- Click Assign Role.
- Type the name or email address of the learner you want to add.
If using an email address, it must be the primary email address for the learner’s Skills account.
- Click Assign role to finalize.
This will add the role to that learner's Role IQ page (opens in new tab). The learner also receives an email indicating they’ve been assigned to a role.
To unassign a learner from a role, click the avatar(s) to the right of the Assign Role button and unassign the learner.
Assign a role to a team
You can assign a role to each member of your team all at once. This allows you to add the role faster, and helps make sure nobody on your team gets missed. If new learners are added to the team in the future, they'll automatically be assigned any roles already assigned to the team.
To assign a role to a team, follow the steps above under the Assign a role to an individual section. But instead of the individual learner's name in step 3, enter the team's name. This will add the role to each team member's Role IQ page, and each learner on the team will receive the email notification.
You can also unassign a role from a team as a whole. Click one of the avatar circles next to the Assign role button. Click Unassign next to the team you wish to remove. You may also remove individual team members without unassigning the whole team.
Using Roles analytics
On Professional plans, you have access to basic roles analytics, which gives you a high-level view of your learners' engagement with Role IQ. Basic roles analytics is also available as an add-on for Starter plans.
To get started, click Analytics (opens in new tab) using the left-pane navigation. Click the Roles tab in the top center panel.
Please see our article on Roles analytics for details.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.