The code fundamentals report package gives you the ability to see your team across four fundamental productivity metrics, and how they compare to industry benchmarks. Benchmarks can be toggled On or Off within the platform, while the Minimum and Target values are fully customizable.
Our review and collaboration report package provides a way for software teams to see the ground truth of what’s happening in the code review process. You can create your own organizational targets for each set of metrics: Submit, Review and Collaborate. Setting targets for each metric will assist you in improving the effectiveness of your team’s code review process as a whole. Set your targets based on your historical organizational trends.
Set customized code fundamentals targets
- Navigate to the Settings menu then under Report Settings from the left navigation click Targets.
- Under the Code tab, you will see industry benchmarks for the four code fundamental metrics based on three distinct behavior profiles. Occasional contributors are people that work within the code base infrequently. Primary contributors are where you should find the bulk of the full time software developers - where the goal is to design and write software for your customers. The leading contributors are the highest numbers in the Industry.
- With these industry benchmarks in mind, you can begin to set customized minimum and target values for your entire org. All of the values set for org targets will be inherited by every team and individual. You can also set targets at the team level and the user level.
- To add targets at the team or user level, click on the box you want to change and type in the numeric value you want to override it with.
Set customized review and collaborate targets
To get started navigate to the Settings menu. Under Report Settings click Targets in the left-hand navigation. Below is a summary of the target metrics you can set for review and collaboration reports:
- Responsiveness - calculated in hours
- Comments Addressed - calculated in a percentage
- Receptiveness - calculated in a percentage
- Unreviewed PRS - calculated in a percentage
- Reaction Time - calculated in hours
- Involvement - calculated in a percentage
- Influence - calculated in a percentage
- Review Coverage - calculated in a percentage
- PR Distribution - calculated in a percentage
- Time to Resolve - calculated in hours
- Time to First Comment - calculated in hours
- Follow-on Commits - numerical value
- Reviewer Comments - numerical value
- Sharing Index - numerical value
For each tab you can tab you can set targets at various levels
- Organizational level targets
- Team targets
- User targets
Tip: Setting Team or user level targets will override the org targets for the Team or the user.
To add targets, click on the box you want to change and type in the numeric value you want to override it with. A blue check mark will appear to indicate your changes have been saved.
Where will I see my review and collaborate targets?
Your Submit fundamentals org level targets will be visible in the Review collaboration report. Your organizational level targets will be visible at all times unless you have set up team level or contributor targets. Your team level targets will be visible when filtering to the specific team in the Review collaboration report.
Your individual user targets will be visible when selecting an individual from the Submitter column.
Your review targets will be visible in the Review collaboration report. The team level and individual targets can be found similarly to the submit targets, as described above.
Your collaborate targets will be visible in the PR resolution report, with the exception of the knowledge sharing target. This target will be visible in your Knowledge sharing report. Your organizational level targets will be visible at all times unless you have set up team level or contributor targets. Your team level targets will be visible when filtering to the specific team in the PR resolution and Knowledge sharing report.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.