You can set up custom date ranges to help you more easily filter by date ranges that are important to you and your organization.
To set up custom date ranges, you’ll need to have the following permissions.
- Manage configurations
- Manage calendars
Learn more about Flow's administrative permissions
Turn on this feature for your organization
- Click Settings from the top navigation bar in Flow Using the left navigation under Report Settings, click Configurations
- Scroll to the bottom of the General tab to the Custom Date Ranges section. Toggle the Enable custom date ranges option and customize the label for custom date ranges.
Create a calendar
- In the left hand navigation under Report Settings, click Calendars. Then click Add Calendar.
- Set up your new calendar
- Name: Your choice, but we recommend a naming convention that all teams will use for these types of calendars.
- Description: Your choice
- Calendar Type:
- If you want it to show up when you’re looking at a team, choose Group
- If you want it to show when you’re looking at the organization, choose Organization
- Show On: Choose Date Picker or Both. Most of the time Date Picker works just fine.
Subscribe your teams
If you chose a Group calendar we need to know which teams you want this to apply to. Select the calendar you just created to view the Calendar details page, navigate to the Subscriptions tab and add the teams you want to add. See more info about calendar subscriptions.
Add your ranges
Add events that you want to show up as a range. You can do this through the UI or through a bulk/.csv upload. Instructions for both are below.
To upload from a CSV, navigate to the Calendars page, click Bulk Upload (.csv) and follow the instructions.
To upload from the UI, click on the calendar you created, then click Add Event
Add events and click Create
Check your work
You’re done! Your sprints should now be visible in your date picker.
- Navigate to Project timeline
- Select one of the teams that you subscribed to the calendar
- Open the date picker by clicking Date Range and go to the tab with the title that matches what you chose when you enabled this feature.
Tip: Date ranges in the future will be grayed out.
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for 24/7 assistance.