Flow's expansive roles and permissions options will assist you in determining what your users can view and do within the platform.
Setting up Roles
- Starting on your Flow home page, go to the top navigation bar and click Settings. Using the left navigation under User Management, click Role management.
- You will see a list of the roles currently available on your account. We setup two by default to get you started:
- Owner: This role has access to all parts of Flow with the ability to invite new members and manage billing, repos, teams, and events.
- Member: This role has read-only access and can see all reports.
- You can setup your own default roles by clicking the button or by editing any of the existing roles that are in your account. For this example we will be creating a new role.
Click New Role.
In this modal you will need to give your role a name, for example "Engineers", and then determine what users with this role can manage and what reports will be visible to them. See What different permissions can I grant users, below for more information on each permission. Since this role is for all engineers, they will only be able to view the reports as seen below.
With these permissions, anyone with the role will only be able to see the reports and nothing else.
You can designate this new role as a default role for invitees. This means that this role will automatically be assigned to any new user to your account.Tip: If you have multiple default roles set, each new user will automatically be given all default roles.
Click the box next to the role you want to designate as the default.
Using the drown menu click Make default.
A message will appear confirming you want to make this role a default. Click Yes, make default.
Success, "Default" will now appear next to the role in the roles list.
What different permissions can I grant users?
In addition to being able to grant specific reports to individual users, you can also grant users specific administrative permissions. See a list of all the Administration permissions.
Can I give a user a role and grant them additional permissions?
Yes! A user automatically inherits all permissions from the role you assign them. You can can also add more permissions for this specific user.
How do I see what permissions are granted to a role?
On the Role Management page, hover over the Report Access, Management Access, or API Access columns for any role to see what permissions the role has been granted.
If you need help, please email email@example.com for 24/7 assistance.