Users & Usage analytics shows you the learners on your team and their activity on Pluralsight Skills. Users & Usage analytics lets you drill down into a particular individual's activity to see where they're spending their time and what they're accomplishing with Skills.
Who can use this?
What you can do
Users & Usage analytics gives insight into how your team is using Skills. These analytics help you:
- See which courses individuals on your team are taking
- Learn where your team's strengths lie
- Determine how far your team has stretched their learning across a skill
- See how close individuals are to completing content they've started
To get started:
- Click Analytics in the left navigation panel.
- Click the Users & Usage tab in the top center panel.
Users & Usage analytics includes two views:
- The default view is the All-users dashboard.
- When you click a particular user, you'll see their User detail dashboard.
The All-users dashboard provides high-level data on your users.
- The Overview gives you a snapshot of your team's overall usage. The data fields include:
- The View time visualization shows the usage for specific points along the timeline. The interval between data points depends on your selection in the date range filter. Hover your mouse over a specific data point for more details.
- You can customize both the web and CSV reports with the date range filter.
Tip: To see Overview data for a specific date, set both the start and end dates to the same date.
- You can customize both the web and CSV reports with the teams filter. To view unassigned users, make sure all teams are deselected.
- You can download a CSV report of your analytics data (discussed below).
- You can filter the Users table by entering a name or email. This does NOT filter the CSV report.
- The Users table shows details for your team's users. Clicking a user opens their User page dashboard (discussed below). You can click any of the labels to sort by that field, and click again to toggle between ascending and descending. The page's default view is sorted by usage time beginning with the top users. The data fields include:
User detail dashboard
The User detail dashboard shows rich usage details for the selected user, broken down by content type.
- The Summary data fields include:
- You can click View public profile to view the user's public-facing profile page.
- You can customize the web report with the date range filter.
- The content cards display one card per content type the user has interacted with during the selected date range.
The following content cards are available, depending on your plan and what the user has interacted with. Each card contains data unique to its content type and a list of up to three pieces of content.
- Skill IQs: Includes the total number and a list of the most recent Skill IQs taken, with their respective levels. If your plan includes advanced analytics, each Skill IQ in the list also includes a skill progression visualization.
- Video courses: Includes the total view time and a list of the most recent video courses interacted with, along with their respective durations. A checkmark in the list indicates the user has completed the video course.
- Roles: Includes the total number assigned and a list of the top roles, ordered by level. Each role in the list shows either the current level, or the number of Skill IQs completed over the number included in the role.
- Labs: Includes the total number and a list of the most recent labs taken, with their respective result.
- Tech Foundations: Includes the number of modules taken and a list of the most recent modules taken, with their respective result.
- Interactive courses: Includes the total number and a list of the most recent courses taken, with their respective completed activities.
- Projects: Includes the total number and a list of the most recent projects taken, with their respective completed activities.
You can click View details on each card to see additional data. Data fields are unique to their content type and include:
- Activity time (Labs)
- Assigned date (Roles)
- Challenges and videos (Interactive)
- Completion (Interactive, Projects, Roles, Tech Foundations, Video courses)
- Course (Video courses)
- Duration (Video courses)
- Last activity (Interactive, Labs, Projects, Tech Foundations, Video courses)
- Last taken (Skill IQs)
- Level (Roles)
- Name (Interactive, Labs, Projects, Roles, Tech Foundations)
- Result (Labs, Tech Foundations)
- Skill (Skill IQs)
- Skill level (Skill IQs)
- Tasks and videos (Projects)
- Total taken (Skill IQs)
- View time (Tech Foundations, Video courses)
View more details about your Users & Usage analytics using the CSV report download. To download the CSVs, click the download icon next to the Select teams filter.
When you pull a CSV report for content analytics, you'll download a zip file containing three or more CSVs:
Depending on the size of your plan and the date range selected, the Usage CSV may be broken down into multiple CSVs to facilitate faster downloads. When this happens, each will include "part X of X" in the filename.
The Usage CSV contains one record per date (within the filtered date range) per team. This gives you a snapshot of each team's member count and usage on a daily basis.
Data fields include:
The Users CSV contains one record per month (within the filtered date range) per user. Months with no usage are excluded from the report.
Data fields include:
- Team name
- First name
- Last name
- Start date
- Last activity
- View date
- Total hours
- Unique courses
- Is on account
Users with no usage
The Users with no usage CSV contains one record for each user with no usage during the specified date range.
Data fields include:
Explore how the other analytics experiences can help you monitor and guide your team’s growth.
|Basic analytics||Advanced analytics|
See which analytics experiences are included in your team plan.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.