Users analytics shows you a compiled listing of all learners on your team and the time they've spent using Pluralsight Skills. Users analytics lets you drill down into a particular individual's activity to see where they're spending their time within Skills.
In this article
Who can use this?
What you can do
Users analytics gives insight into how your team is using the Skills platform. These analytics help you:
- See which courses individuals on your team are taking
- Learn where your team's strengths lie
- Determine how far your team has stretched their learning across a skill
- See when, how often, and how long they engage with content
To get started:
- Click Analytics in the left navigation panel.
- Click the Users tab in the top center panel.
Users analytics includes two views:
- The default view is the All-users dashboard.
- When you click a particular user, you'll see their User page dashboard.
The All-users dashboard provides high-level data on your users.
- The Overview gives you a snapshot of your team's overall usage. The data fields include:
- Top users shows the usage for your team's top users. Clicking a user opens their User page dashboard (discussed below).
- You can customize both the web and CSV reports with the date range filter.
- You can customize both the web and CSV reports with the teams filter. To view unassigned users, make sure all teams are deselected.
- You can filter the web report by entering a keyword or phrase. This does NOT filter the CSV report.
- You can download a CSV report of your analytics data (discussed below).
- The Users table shows details for your team's users. Clicking a user opens their User page dashboard (discussed below). You can click any of the labels to sort by that field, and click again to toggle between ascending and descending. The data fields include:
User page dashboard
The User page dashboard shows usage details for the selected user.
- The Summary data fields include:
- Total view time
- Average view time/week
- Active days
- Last activity
- The Skills table is only available for team plans that include advanced analytics. It shows skill levels for which the user has taken assessments. The data fields include:
Important: The date range filter has limited effect on the data shown in the Skills table, as detailed below:
- The start date for this data will always be the plan creation date, regardless of the date range filter selection.
- You can change the end date for this data by selecting "Custom", allowing you to see a snapshot from the plan creation date to your selected end date.
- Switching between "30 days", "90 days", "12 months", and "All time" does NOT affect this data.
Why? When a learner takes an assessment, the score remains until replaced by a later retake score. So a learner receiving an "expert" rating a year ago—the last time they were assessed—would still be considered an expert today.
- The Courses table is available for all team plans that include analytics. It shows course activity during the specified date range. The data fields include:
View more details about your users analytics using the CSV report download. To download the CSV, click the download icon next to the filter search bar.
Data fields for the report include:
- Account name
- Team name
- First name
- Last name
- Start date
- Last activity
- View date
- Total hours
- Unique courses
- Is on account
Explore how the other analytics experiences can help you monitor and guide your team’s growth.
|Basic analytics||Advanced analytics|
Skills inventory analytics: basic
See which analytics experiences are included in your team plan.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.