Whether you're encountering playback issues or facing console errors, these step-by-step solutions will have you back on track.
In this article
- Verify your plan — Make sure that the video you’re trying to watch is included in your plan. While the Basic and Plus plans have access to our entire ACG course library, free accounts have access to a limited number of courses. To verify your subscription type, check the Membership tab of your Account Settings (opens in new tab).
Note: If you are on a free membership plan, check out our list of currently available courses (opens in new tab).
- Clear your cache — If you’re still experiencing issues, the most common fix is clearing your cache and accepting the correct cookies. Learn more about login troubleshooting.
- Identify your console errors — Your developer tool can help identify your specific console error(s). If the issue(s) persist after you’ve verified your plan and cleared your cache, reach out to our Support team (see below) and provide them with this information.
Identifying and resolving console errors
Follow the steps below to identify console errors.
- Open developer tools in the browser that you're using to watch our courses.
- Chrome: F12 key
- Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+J
- Internet Explorer: F12 key
On a Mac:
- Chrome: Cmd+Option+J
- Safari: Option-Cmd-C
- Firefox: Cmd+Shift+J
- Try reloading the video.
- In developer tools, click Console from the tabs listed at the top. Most of the relevant console errors will show up in red text.
Some common errors you may see include:
- This means your browser is unable to access our platform's user profile service or pricing database. This could result from misconfigured DNS servers, corporate firewall policies, or country-specific policies.
401 Unauthorized or 403 Forbidden
- This usually means that your account's authentication token has expired. Please log out and then back in to ensure that this is refreshed.
A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at <URL> was set without the SameSite attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with SameSite=None and Secure. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at <URL> and <URL>.
- This one is Chrome specific. You can edit these settings by going to chrome://flags/#same-site-by-default-cookies and then clearing your cache and cookies.
If you’re still having trouble loading videos, it may be time to contact our Support team. Follow these steps:
- Open this page in your browser: https://acloud.guru/diagnostics (opens in new tab)
- Take a screenshot of the ACG diagnostics page and your console errors screen.
- If you were having video playback issues, try once more to view this test video (opens in new tab).
- Contact our Support team (opens email form). Please include all of the screenshots as well as a description of the issue and confirm that you attempted to view the test video unsuccessfully.
Our Support team will work on getting you back up and studying as soon as possible.
Ubuntu Linux and CentOS codecs
While we use standard MP4 video containers for all videos that are streamed on our platform, some Linux systems require these codecs to be manually installed due to licensing.
On some Linux based systems, especially CentOS, GStreamer needs to be installed in order to decode and watch the videos. Other websites (YouTube for instance) will automatically fall back to a different codec, which is why they may work when videos on A Cloud Guru do not.
In order to fix this, ensure that GStreamer (external site, opens in new tab) is installed for your operating system.
If you can view the course video, but have no audio, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Check if other videos are having playback issues on sites like YouTube or Vimeo
- Adjust your computer's volume or verify that the speakers are plugged in
- Reboot your device
If you continue experiencing issues after trying the above recommendations, please contact our Support team.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.