Pluralsight and A Cloud Guru learners can now manage their profile in one place. The Skills profile (opens in new tab) highlights your usage, accomplishments, and activity on both the Skills and ACG platforms.
Read on to understand and take action on errors when viewing your profile or another user’s profile.
Viewing your own profile
If you run into an error when trying to access your profile, it’s because you may have an individual account on one platform and an employer/business-provided account on the other that both use the same email address.
To view your profile, you’ll need to update your email address on either your ACG or your Pluralsight account.
Updating your ACG email
Important: Your Account settings page (opens in new tab) will show whether you use an external provider to log in to your ACG account with Single Sign-On (SSO).
If your account was created using an email address and password login:
- Go to your Account settings (opens in new tab).
- Click Change email.
- Type in your new email address.
- Click Update Email Address. You will automatically be signed out of your ACG account.
- Check your new email’s inbox to verify your email. If you don’t see it, check your spam or junk folders.
Note: If you’re unable to verify your email due to an email typo, contact Support (opens email form) for help.
Updating your Pluralsight email
Important: If your Pluralsight account is associated with a team plan, you won’t be able to change your email address yourself. Try changing your ACG email instead. If you’re having trouble, reach out to Support (opens email form).
- Log in (opens in new tab) to your Pluralsight account.
- Click your avatar in the top right corner and click Account settings (opens in new tab).
- Under Email address, click Add email.
- Type in your new email address and click Send Verification.
- Find the verification email from Pluralsight in your inbox. If you don’t see it, check your spam or junk folders.
- Click Verify now. You’ll be taken back to your Account settings page.
- Your new email will appear under Email address. Click the Make primary (key) icon next to your new email address to make it the primary email on your account.
- Click the Remove email (trash can) icon next to your old email address.
Viewing someone else's profile
If you see a “Profile unavailable” page when trying to view another user’s profile, it’s because their profile is private. When a user has their profile set to private, their profile details are hidden from other learners, including learners on the same plan.
Admins and team managers can view learning activity and course history for users on their teams, even those with private profiles. For ACG plans, click a user on the Users page (opens in new tab). For Skills team plans, click a user on the Directory tab of the People page (opens in new tab).
Learn more about profile privacy on Skills.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.