Some plans choose to have their users log in to Pluralsight using single sign-on (SSO). This allows users to log in from their organization's app catalog or from a specific URL rather than logging in from pluralsight.com.
The first time you log in to Pluralsight using SSO, you'll have to follow a few steps to make sure your account is set up correctly. Once you do this, you can log in to Pluralsight using SSO quickly and easily.
Note: SSO is available as an add-on for Skills team plans and Flow plans. Get in touch with your Pluralsight contact for details.
If you're a Skills user on a plan using SSO with auto-provisioning disabled, your first login experience will be slightly different from the experience outlined here. See Logging in to Skills using single sign-on (SSO) without auto-provisioning for details.
In this article
Logging in using SSO for the first time as a new user
If you've never had a Pluralsight account before, you'll need to create one. Here's how:
- Navigate to Pluralsight from your organization's URL or app catalog. In most cases, the URL will look like app.pluralsight.com/sso/organizationname.
- Follow the steps to authenticate. Once you're successfully authenticated, you'll be directed to an account creation form with your personal information pre-populated.
By completing these steps, you’ll have created your account and be directed to the home page.
Logging in using SSO for the first time if you have an existing Pluralsight account
- Navigate to Pluralsight from your organization's URL or app catalog.
- If your organization used the same email as your existing Pluralsight account to set up SSO, your account will automatically be recognized and successfully log in to Pluralsight.
- If your existing Pluralsight account email does not match the email your organization used to set up SSO, you’ll be directed to the account creation page.
- Click Sign in under Already have an account?
Important: This step is critical if you want to link your existing account to your organization’s SSO.
- You'll be prompted to enter your existing Pluralsight account username/email and password to join your SSO authorization request with your existing Pluralsight account. This is only required once.
Note: If your plan opts to disable username and password in the future, you will not be able to log in with this username and password. Instead, you'll log in using SSO. If you try to log in with your username and password, you'll receive an error message telling you that your password is disabled.
Once you're successfully logged in, you'll be directed to the home page.
Logging in using SSO after joining a plan
Once your account is set up, logging in from your organization's URL or SSO app catalog where applicable will take you directly to the home page. Any SSO-enabled URL will direct you to your organization's SSO authentication page if you're not already authenticated.
Note: If the SSO-enabled URL you access is for a specific resource on Pluralsight Skills—like a channel, path, or course—you'll go directly to that resource after authenticating instead of to the home page.
If you need help, please contact Pluralsight Support.